Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Open House

Shane and I are running around trying to get everything ready for the Open House. We are so excited about having people over to our very own home. We want it to be perfect (well, me mostly but Shane humors me). This past weekend we made a list of things that were little enough that we could accomplish them before the party. Last night I finally put pictures in my frames and Shane started installing new lighswitches and covers.
Last night Shane and I delivered an invite to his uncles family. Their little boy, who is 3, was so excited to get it that he ripped the envelope open and started reading what he believed it probably said. His speech is a little unclear, but he pronounced everyones names as well as he could. He said: "Shane and Gretchen invite Mommy and Daddy, Taylor and me to their house". Then he ran to his room to put it under his pillow for safe keeping.
I am excited that so many people are able to come on Sunday. I will try to have pictures there from before the changes so those of you that haven't seen it yet will know what has been accomplished so far.

6 comments:

Jim said...

Not sure if we will make it down. You may have to learn how to post pictures here.

Bobby said...

I wish we could come.

I second Uncle Jim's request. We need pictures.

Jude said...

That Sebastian....how cute!

I'm anxious to see the new blinds on your sliding glass door.

Dennis said...

Your house sounds exciting, but we won't be able to make it there either.

Gretchen said...

You guys are really bringing my party down. But I understand, I will try to learn how to post pictures.

Aunt Pat said...

Hopefully, most of the Michigan Hendricks will be there. Can't wait to see what you have done with the house.