Tuesday, March 18, 2008
Celebrating the Green
Some of my helpers and I decided we needed a break from the routine. Since the general ed. rooms don't do much for St. Patrick's Day, we picked that day to plan some fun activities in our room. We found some traditional stories and planned some writing activities, made some word searches in the shape of shamrocks...with lists of green words to find. For math we graphed the marshmallow shapes in Lucky Charms cereals and estimated the number of green tictacs, fruit loops and marshmmallows in a variety of jar sizes. We even had green apples with green dip, green popcorn, etc. The plan really was a good one.....on paper. But when you add in 24 special ed. kids (many of them ADD/ADHD) the picture somehow changes. Someone asked me the next morning how our "special day" went. I said that it was something I would consider doing again.....after another 33 years of teaching!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I'm sure your kids had a great time. It will be one of those schools days that they remember forever..........as will you :)
You come up with such great ideas for kids. I'm sure they will never have a St Patrick's Day like that in another class!
Post a Comment