Sunday, April 6, 2008

Gardening

This weekend I did a lot of work to my flower gardens. I cleaned up the one on the side of the house then I made 2 new gardens by my porch. I was getting quite tired from all my work so I called Gretchen, she and Shane came over and helped me for awhile. This spring my goal is to get all my flower gardens cleaned up and then work on the big project!
The big project is my organic garden, I have big plans for it. I'm planning on having watermelon, cantaloupe, carrots, beans, green peppers, lettuce, squash, lots of tomato plants and lots more I can't even remember. Next year the strawberry's and raspberry's should be ready. I have been reading a lot of books to help me with the organic part of it. Hopefully it will all go smoothly. If anyone has any advice I'm always happy to learn more.
I will post pictures of the kittens tomorrow.

6 comments:

Jennifer said...

My pictures today didn't look that great I will try again tomorrow

Anonymous said...

Hi Jude,

It sounds like you should have some beautiful flowers and tasty vegetables this year from your garden. Jim did some tomatoes in pots and green peppers last year they were good so we will probably try that again. The ground around our plase is mostly clay so not great for growing.

Lynda

Anonymous said...

Jennifer,

Sorry I got your name wrong. my mistake.

Sorry,

Lynda

Jude said...

Hi Lynda...that would definitely not be me with the garden. I can't even get grass to grow in our yard!

Aunt Pat said...

I have been thinking about putting in a garden this year too. What will you do to make it organic? Have you started any plants inside?

Jennifer said...

To make it organic you don't use any man made products to kill weeds or enhance growth you have to use organic fertilizers too. I have a book you can read it very in depth!