Everybody got a bead necklace with the color corresponding to the reason they were there. There were quite a few people with silver beads, including us, meaning that we have had a preemie. There were also many people with gold beads, meaning they'd lost a child before his or her first birthday. Seeing so many people who had lost children made everything we've gone through with Hunter seem small.
Next year we're hoping to be able to bring Hunter with us for the walk. I think we'll bring Alyssa and Gavin too. This year they stayed with Grandma.
I don't know exactly how much money our team raised all together. I know that it was at least $500 which easily met our original goal. Thank you to everyone who donated.
I don't know what all March of Dimes does. My experience with them has been the small gifts that they leave by Hunter's bed when a holiday rolls around. It's just a small thing, but it always puts a smile on our face and that can mean so much.
I took some pictures from the walk. I have them uploaded to a web album if anyone would like to see. The link is below:
http://picasaweb.google.com/roberthwilkes/MarchOfDimesWalk
1 comment:
It was so neat to look thru those pictures. I'm looking forward to next year when all the kids can come walk with you (and hopefully it will be a little warmer!)
Post a Comment