Thursday, May 1, 2008

Liam Fisher

Well Liam is legally a Fisher! Everything went very smoothly Monday and we were in and out out of the court house in about an hour I think. We might have been one of the largest groups to ever go into the Judge's chamber, but they made room for all of us:) Thank you everyone who thought about us Monday, and thank you for Liam's back pack and hoodie that both say "Fisher" on them. He just loves his back pack! It is so cute, he likes us to put it on him and then he walks around the house with it on saying, "back pack, back pack". He is always wanting to carry Drew's around so now he feels like a big boy:) Thank you again for all of your support!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Emily, Drew and Liam,

Congratulations on now being legally a family (you already were a family).

We are so happy for all of you and wish you joy and happiness always.

I hope you are feeling good during your pregnancy. Does Liam ask questions about having a brother or sister?

Love,
Aunt Lynda

Emily said...

Thank you Aunt Lynda! Liam doesn't really understand, but when we tell him there is a baby in my tummy he wants to hug and kiss it:) It is so sweet, and when we ask him what he wants he always says a "boy!" He loves babies and I think he will like it at first, but I'm not sure he will like sharing the attention:)

Jude said...

I liked how the judge said that adoption is his favorite part of the job. Much of his day is spent dealing with people trying to avoid responsibilty, and it is so encouraging to see someone volunteer for a new responsibility. Thanks, Drew, Liam is so lucky to have you to love him.