Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Funny Story

Yesterday Riley and Kayden were over and really wanted to go down to the barn. I told them I was tired from the walk we just took, but maybe later. About 15 minutes later Uncle Chuck went and told the boys he was going to the barn to close it up for the night if they wanted to come. They were watching a very important show so they said they would meet him in the barn at the next commercial. So when the next commercial came on the boys ran to go to the barn. Kimi stopped them and said "Why do you want to go to the barn? What are you going to do there?" Riley replied with "Pet the horses, play with the cats, just talk and hang out." I guess that pretty much sums up life in the barn. They had a blast in the barn!
I have been thinking about his comment all day and it just makes me laugh everytime I hear it. It also make me realize how big Riley and Kayden are getting? Just thought I wiuld share the story with everyone.

5 comments:

Jim said...

So Riley and Kayden have a "man cave" in the barn.

Jennifer said...

I guess so! I think dad lost his safe place now

Aunt Pat said...

I saw Riley and Kayden on Monday when we were visiting with Grandpa. I left there thinking about how quickly the boys are growing up. I asked Riley when school starts for him and his response was "when summer is over."

Dennis said...

Sharon doesn't ask what I'm doing in the barn, in fact she doesn't want to know. I might explain it to her... does anybody want to know what I'm doing in my barn???

sharon said...

If you know what is good for you don't ask