Thursday, January 6, 2011

Chemo Day

So today was the 1st day of my new chemo treatments. First I met with my oncologist (Dr. Chaudry) who answered all of our questions and since Gretchen did not attend today only a few questions were asked! lol We love you questions Gretchen! The oncologist was very positive that this treatment will be much easier then the last set. I was thrilled about that:) We also talked about the reconstruction surgery and she is still looking into who she wants to refer me to, she said she wants to make sure it is a really good plastic surgeon.
After that I went to the infusion room where the chemo is administered. I am not sure exactly what time that started, probably around 9:30 or 10am. During that time I read alittle then took a nap but I kept getting interupted but that didn't bother me just went right back to sleep when the nurses were done with whatever they needed. Then Mom decided to run some errands since i was not the best company and she was probably tired of listening to me snore. I decided I dont care if I snore there since I have cancer and all!
I had an apt with the radiology oncology to discuss the radiation treatment that comes next but we had to reschedule since the chemo was taking so long! We didn't leave until about 5pm. My apt about radiology will be next Wednesay.
After chemo I really felt fine just tired. So when i got home I took a nap and that is probably why I am awake now at 2:45am.
Thanks for all the prayers and good thoughts from the best family and friends anyone could ask for:)

3 comments:

Jude said...

The morning IVs were medications to avoid allergic reactions. The actual chemo was started about 1:30PM. It was a long day. But everyone is so considerate and helpful there, we didn't even mind.

Paul said...

It sounds like this round has been much easier for you than last round. Hope you continue to feel better

Dennis said...

Keep on snoring.